5 Disruptive Habits That Stop You From Being Successful In Business

If you can, look at your business and all the things you think you are unable to do to move the enterprise forward. Now, imagine if you made it to every business meeting on time.

I  like to think that most people are but a step away from attaining greatness. Even though they usually don’t become “ great”. Truth is, most people are not even aware of how close they are to accomplishing their loftiest of goals, if not for a few bad habits. What am I talking about? Eliminating a few traits/habits/preferences is often enough to move most of us much closer to “greatness”. This can mean greatness in our personal lives and/or professionally.


If you can, look at your business and all the things you think you are unable to do to move the enterprise forward. Now, imagine if you made it to every business meeting on time. How would your business be impacted if you worked a few extra hours each day? How would your life change? Consider this: A very small percentage of a person’s psychological makeup (say, 2% of their total set of personal traits/preferences/habits) can undermine the other 98% of their mindset that is healthy and positive.


Good news. Behavioral scientists and psychology experts are learning which personality flaws are particularly likely to derail your ambitions. Advanced behavioral science assessment tools are providing 360-degree views into personality and character for children, parents, athletes, and business people.


Below are 5 derailers that seem to not just annoy others, but hurt one’s chances at personal and professional growth. Whatever age or role in life you are serving, take heed:


1. Eagerness to Please.

You go out of your way to please people rather than communicate your wishes, thoughts, and opinions honestly. You allow your displeasure with things to build up and explode at times. 


2. Procrastination

Why put it off till the next day if you can get it done today.  Procrastination is a trait that is most common among "unsuccessful" people. This is usually a sign of laziness. 


3. Defensiveness

Defensiveness toward being corrected or criticized. Generally, hypersensitive people don’t mature, they just grow old.


4. Entitlement

You believe you deserve everything you want. A rampant epidemic attitude in our society.


5. Morally Scrupulous

You find fault with even small misbehavior. No one meets every one of your rules. Your best friend is yourself.



WALLETALLY CHARLOTTE, NC. USA THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE ARE ©2018 CORVUS INTERACTIVE WEB SERVICES , LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED